Thursday 20 September 2012

Monday - Washing


MONDAY - WASHING




This image is one of my favorites.   I set this up in the park across the road from my house,  shortly after sunrise.    (see how long the shadows of the trees are in the background?).    

I crochet these little blankets with DMC size 8 Cotton Pearl using a pattern that I saw in a library book.   The name of the book is Teenytiny Crochet by Catherine Hirst.   This is a cute little book, and, it's illustrations are very interesting.   They are little carved balsa wooden props painted, and in each of the backgrounds, features Schleich plastic animals.   

For the cloths line, I got a couple of tent pegs out of the garage,  and little wooden pegs I got at a cheap shop for $2.50.   (packet of 50).   The little washing basket is part of a Sylvanian Families or (Calico Critters) set.   

I was walking around the local Spotlight store, and saw little squares of yellow material for .50c and I had some yellow/orange trim in my craft stash at home.   That's how I made her little apron.   I put the cloth around her waist and tied the trim in a bow to fasten it.   

If I was to improve this image, I would find some finer grass with smaller blades.   What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment